The Network Functions Virtualization (NFV) Forum is providing the solutions that will take NFV from being an emerging technology to a true game changer in terms of enhancing the ability to integrate software across service providers in a uniform and automated way, and to scale application instances to meet the changing demand for services.
It is doing this through developing the critical use cases that identify emerging business opportunities, such as virtual network operator and service roaming in light of rapidly evolving SDN/NFV technology. Specifically, the Forum will:
- Focus on the interoperability and interworking between providers.
- Engage web scale and enterprise companies with easy-to-use capabilities.
- Develop services that enable and enhance the user experience.
- Preserve and maximize the value of the network.
- Use open source where practical to deliver standards-based services.
ATIS’ requirements and solutions integrally build on existing contributions that are helping realize the benefits of NFV.