Through ATIS, your company can be part of a major global initiative that is helping to unlock the potential of Machine-to-Machine (M2M) technology and the Internet of Things (IoT).
oneM2M is the global standards initiative where the technical specifications for a common M2M Service layer are being developed. Through membership in ATIS your company is eligible to participate in oneM2M. Gain a place at the table where important decisions that will affect the M2M marketplace are being made
Being part of oneM2M is strategic. The M2M market—and your company’s business objectives within it—will not excel without significant consolidation and economies of scale that standardization brings.
oneM2M is creating a single horizontal platform for the exchange and sharing of data among all applications. It is also creating a distributed software layer—similar to an operating system—which is facilitating that unification by providing a framework for interworking with different technologies.
ATIS sees oneM2M as the interoperability enabler for the entire M2M and IoT ecosystem.
IoT brings together previously disparate strands from technology and different industries. The challenge is that there are common requirements for connectivity, security and data handling that cut across all businesses. However, IoT also must allow for sector-specific applications and solutions. Convergence of telecoms, IT and consumer electronics, along with software, applications and data handling is required. Collaboration is not only necessary, it is essential.
To learn more about how oneM2M is enabling critical collaboration to advance M2M and IoT:
- Read this Q&A session with Chris Drake, CTO of iconectiv, the designated provider of the oneM2M App-ID Registry
- Download the ATIS white paper The Interoperability Enabler for the Entire M2M and IoT Ecosystem.
- Download the oneM2M Executive Briefing — oneM2M: Solving the IoT Platform Challenge.
- See the oneM2M brochure Introducing oneM2M: The Global Standards Initiative for Machine to Machine Communications and Internet of Things.
- Learn more about how oneM2M is enabling critical collaboration to advance M2M and IoT.
- "No other standard addresses IoT platform harmonisation like oneM2M," says HP in an m2mnow article. Access here.
- On-demand viewing of the Accelerating the Internet of Things: The oneM2M App-ID Registry Webinar available here. Download a copy of the presentation slides here.
ATIS is a oneM2M founding Partner. The current membership of oneM2M includes eight standards bodies (ARIB (Japan), ATIS (North America), CCSA (China), ETSI (Europe), TIA (America), TSDSI (India), TTA (Korea), and TTC (Japan); five global information and communications technology (ICT) fora; and more than 200 companies, many of which are in the telecoms and IT industries, but increasingly companies and organizations from other industrial sectors are joining the initiative.